Where can I Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste ?

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is as any unwanted household product that can:

  • catch fire easily (flammable),
  • eat away at or irritate living tissue (corrosive),
  • react violently with water or other chemicals (reactive), or
  • be poisonous to humans and animals (toxic).

If you are a resident of Knox, Hamilton, Davidson, or Shelby Counties, you can take your HHW to your county's permanent collection site.  Call your Public Works office for information.

Six temporary HHW containers have been strategically placed across the state for year-round disposal opportunities for all Tennessee residents.  These HHW collection sites are in Giles, Chester, Grainger, McMinn, Blount, and Loudon Counties.

Also, any Tennessee citizen can participate in a Mobile HHW Collection.  These collection events occur in the spring and fall.  Call your county Public Works or Solid Waste office to find your community’s collection day and time.

Click to TDEC's webpage for more information: